PD13 – Clear indicator lenses – CAD DOWNLOAD HERE! Solidworks and .dtd lense file.
So I made up my own clear indicators – the back plates too on a 3D printer!
However, clear lenses are hard to come by, so this is a modification process which I can support you with by sending you clear cut lenses for you to use in the process. How do you do it?
- Put the oven on at 100 degrees.
- Remove your lenses from the car, and put them on a COLD baking tray
- Pop them in the oven, removing them periodically to check the glue, prize off the front lense as the glue begins to soften.
- USE ANOTHER COLD BAKING TRAY every swap to ensure you don’t melt the original backing plate.
- Once separated, use a silicone sealant to glue on my lenses. Leave to set for 24hrs. Aryldite works great too.
- Once dry use a 300 grit to 600grit wet and dry to sand the lense edges to shape, the laser cuts these at 90 degrees, but you need them to follow the angles of the backing plate to fit.
It might seem daunting, but it’s really not! Then you can finally have factory fit lenses and win at life!